2004/09/14

Links to Stuff

Lately I've been finding some pretty cool stuff on the internet that I think are worthy of a click.

Mass Mania (NOT WORK SAFE)(Offensive material)

*EDIT: NOW POSTED TO THE PROPER SITE.*

First off is this crazy site that is, again, NOT WORK SAFE. Simply because of a pair of boobies in the sites banner and one questionable article which has been censored, but I still say wait till you're at home.

It's just this crazy Japanese man who says he feels it's his job to educate foreigners on the "real" Japan. Anything that he disagrees with he'll flip the bird. He also brings up a lot of funny things that most Japanese people around the nation ritualistically ignore.

Most everyone here has the mind set that if one ignores the problem then the problem no longer exists and in a turn about way fixes the problem without actually doing anything about it. This brings to mind an ostrich and a hole.

Thank heavens for this guy for finally bringing up everything I've complained about only to have people say it's me who has the problem.

Bug Me Not

I'm not sure how I feel about posting this, but I for one think it's a pretty awesome idea. This is a service for those of you tired of having to register to a free site just to view one thing. Just go there, fill in the site you want and use their dummy log in name so you don't have to deal with any potential spamming down the road. Simple and very useful.

This is just awesome.

I'm definitely going to have to work this into a home video someday. Babies first steps? Or toddler falls on dog and learns about life and death. (It's linked to the incredible hulk music by the way...)

Tokyo Damage Report

A site done by the self proclaimed "American Jerk", is updated regularly with stories about the strange and "Underground" parts of Tokyo. Dealing with all sorts of things from punkrock, to chick fights, to visual arts and to all things bizarre in Tokyo, I'd say it's biggest draw is the list of cool things you can see around all the major stations in Tokyo. His diary entries are pretty entertaining too.

The Japan FAQ: Know Before You Go

I wish I had known about this site before I went to Japan. It's pretty overwhelming how much a new resident has to do to get set up for a somewhat permanent stay. (<--Meaning more than a few months)

The information is slightly dated, but touches on almost everything you need to know how to do and has a ton more links to other useful sites. Even if you don't plan on coming to Japan just take a look at how crazy long the laundry list of stuff you have to do is. I would have thought twice about coming if I had seen this first.

And to end off the post I'll leave you with a bunch of Japanese men who just can't let go of the good ol' rockabilly era. In the link, just click "see the video" and take a trip back in time with some dancin' leather and hair grease.

No comments: