2005/01/01

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to everyone.

Instead of going to Tokyo this year to do a count down I opted to stay in town and go to a friends house with Yumiko for some supper, drinks and board games. Played the Game of Life and some Jenga and got drunk on wine so it was all right.

Also today we had the most snow fall I've ever seen in this area of Japan. I think Tokyo got some snow too which is rare. We got about 15 cm spread throughout the day and I thought I'd be snowed in, unable to go out for the night. But slowly and surely I warmed up my little car's engine having to keep the throttle a little open to prevent a stall and sped off down the slick streets at a blazing 20km. Arrived ok and drank some beer and made a snowman with the 7 year old of the house.

Later we watched tv like all good Japanese do on New Years Eve (K1/Pride, a faster version of UFC) and stopped our rousing game of Mahjong (Doraemon Edition) for the count down into 2005. Funny, the two times I've ever played Mahjong have both been on New Years Eve. I've become boring in my old age.

Email me and tell me what you did for the night.
今年もよしくお願いします!

No comments: