2004/06/20

New Games

Over the past few months I've been playing a lot of games and figure I'd share my thoughts on a few.

Zelda: 4 Swords Adventure


Pretty much the only reason I bought this was because in Japan, if you bought this game, you'd recieve lots and lots of "bonus" credits at the Club Nintendo website towards the "Zelda Collection Disc which contains 4 previous titles and is pretty badass. Since I missed out on the north american promotion I figured I should jump on the gravey train now.

Turns out the game was really fun, but I was playing with an 8 year old japanese boy who just wanted to throw and hit things. Trying to carry on in the game became too much of a headache with him and I've decided to put it away until I can play with someone with a little more intrest invested into it.

My Japanese version also includes a game omitted in the NA release because of translation issues and a pack of cry babies. It's cool for a bit, but then you forget about it soon enough.

After shelving this game for the time being I found a copy of Jet Set Radio: Future for the xbox on the cheap.



Great looking and fun to play. I don't think I've logged some many hours in such a little time on any game in the past year or so. Once I hit 30 hours and couldn't figure out where to go next (which is a pretty big flaw in the game, not being clear on what to do next)it was already time to celebrate the release of Pikmin 2!



I've been playing Pikmin 2 now for about a month. Out of 201 collectables in the game, I've gotten 194 and the last few are connected to the final game bosses which wipe out so many of my little fellows at once it makes me pretty uneasy trying to repeatedly attempt them. If you loose too many, then you have to take the time again to reharvest a new army which is fun but quite a deturrent. While I've experienced about 98% of the game and have hit 55 hours, I can reccommend this game unconditionally.

Once I've gotten over the final few hurdles of Pikmin 2, I've got a fresh copy of the Chronicles of Riddick waiting for me.


I found out that the US version is playable on the Japanese xbox just the other day, so I'm happy about that. Another strange thing is, is that this has to be the first movie licensed game that has scored a consiterable amount of high scores from almost every gaming publication.

And once that's finished up with, I have to get back to my neglected copy of SSX:3 and Project Gotham racing: 2.

Curt: Not sure if you read any of this, but I'm thinking about bringing my xbox back to canada this summer. Do you think James can take a look at it for me. It seems to only want to preform the things it's intended to do. Weird. Get back to me sometime in the next few weeks if he can "repair" something for me.

1 comment:

fatwreck said...

Yep, you need a gameboy if you want anything more than single player and I hear single player isn't too hot. I can bring it home if you want to check it out but you probably won't be too impressed. I think 4 player would rock though.