2005/02/22

Computers got VD? Look no further!

A while ago I had a nasty bout with a virus that would hijack my homepage and throw all sorts of erotic pop-up ads at me. Which, for the first day or so, wasn't really a problem, but after a month of the same boobies popping up, I put my fear of doing something about it behind me and searched for a solution. And searched and searched. I found this wonderfully handy step by step guide from the nice people at Bleeping computer that held my hand until my computer was clean and sparkly.

Apparently a lot of computers have contracted this virus so I figured posting a link to a handy fix-it guide might help someone out in the future.

If your computer's home page keeps being forced to about.com or something you don't want, you might have the VD HomeOldSP lurking around your system. If this is true then look no further than here for a solution.

Plus it provides links to free Spyware software and stuff that you should already have on your computer but if you don't you can do it now.

I don't know for sure but I'd guess that if they had a great solution for this problem, then I wouldn't doubt they'd have a great solution for many other virus problems.

No comments: