2005/02/07

I'm back like a vertebrae

I'm sure the one person who sees this knows where I've been for the past week, but to update anyone else who accidently stumbles across this blog, you'll be happy to know that I'm still alive, and was actually progressing another notch in life by getting married.

Well, actually my one year anniversary is in about two weeks because we were "paper married" last February and only now did we actually get to do the ceremony. Funny how that worked. Another funny thing I thought about was all the hours and hours we poured into this thing and it really only lasted about 20 minutes. The wedding part I mean. We walked to the beach, did a rehearsal, got married and signed some fake wedding papers (contracts?), then we ate. I guess the fact that everything went so smoothly shows how much planning went into it.

Honeymoon was great. Saw the family, went shopping, fell asleep in the sun, snorkeled for the first time (swam in the ocean for the first time!). I got to read English newspapers everyday and eat Mexican food and American food which rocked. I only managed to finish two meals the entire trip though. The portions in America a huge and there's only so much food you can fit into a tall glass of water.

Then after an exhausting last few days, we packed up and flew back to Japan and bused home from the airport and I learned that I must have got food poisoning from the airplane food because I spent the next day shitting water everytime I tried to teach a class. (I lost count at 12) Yes, I had to go to work (no sick days for this teacher!) and felt like garbage and would have to leave my classes to relieve myself. Then I got home and slept for 14 hours and went back to work the next day. Feeling better now, thank you. Still don't have my appetite back and I don't think I'll be able to ever eat soba again (I really should have chosen the sandwich. What was I thinking!)

This last weekend I planned to prep a wedding picture to accompany this entry but I spent the entire time drinking and playing Resident Evil 4. Oops. I still plan to though so don't give up hope.

I just realized that I'll only be in Japan for less than two months now. That's really strange. I've been here so long it seems that it's what I call home, so getting back to my real home and life style will take some adjusting. I'll be pretty bummed to leave here even though I complain about everything a lot of the time. But, I think of that as tough love.

No comments: