2005/02/15

Tokyo Damage Report Updates Tokyo Underground Map with Stuff About Tokyo

If you look in the left margin under links, you won't see a link to Tokyo Damage Report. Why? I don't know. I'm lazy and probably should have put a link there but didn't. I did mention and link to it once but that's besides the point.

Anyway, it's a web journal of an American living in Tokyo and he talks about all sorts of punk rock shows and weird fetish things like videos with girls who walk in the mud with there socks on and other strange things in Japan.

The reason I bring the page up again is because he's updated his "Underground Tokyo Guidebook". Which I think any person living in Japan and into things a little crooked should check out.

Recently I've become a little burned out on Tokyo because I've been hitting the same spots everytime and had no inspiration to go explore and check out more so this is perfect. He has multiple areas cased out with directions to all the places you should see.

Wanna check out a store that only sells items that have been found on the trains? Or a vintage clothing store with vending machines selling small plastic models of different kinds of poop or cut up body parts (which I actually found on my own last summer. That was weird to see.)

Then check this shit out. Underground Tokyo Guidebook

He also wrote something up about Japan's obsessive compulsive constructing and relates it to Freudian theories and Godzilla. I think he hit the nail on the head and it's an interesting read to boot.

Constructing Japan

I'm planning a little trip around a friends wedding in March to check a few of these places out. I'll post some pictures if I find anything interesting.

No comments: